Saturday 9 January 2010

Milk Glass and Cherries

It is done for the most part...who knows...as it sits here waiting for the photographer to come back from a trip I might get my fingers into it but I hope I can just move on. It is again slightly crooked...but it is -20 and I just hate to ask my husband to step outside again! HA!
I think I might try masking again but it is a very chancey business and it scares me to wreck a painting with that stuff but there will be times it could be very useful so will need to work with it some more and perhaps try other brands as well.
I found I do not want Aliz. Crimson on my palette as it doesn't lift and seems to gray color for stacking. I did like Perylene Violet however and will add that. I need to work with it some more but believe it will make some nice layers but need to try it more.
Not fond of just neutral gray in my work but wanted to see what that was like...I do believe it tends to make the other colors near it more vivid however. I tend to have more color in my grays...but have to consider this more.

So all in all I had a number of things I was learning with this piece and the fact that it turned out at all is amazing to me...as I really hated it in the beginning. But I never give up and often things shape up later if I just hang in there. A good lesson in life and painting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment