Tuesday 19 October 2010

Workshop Demo

This fall I attended a workshop in Page, AZ with three other painting friends. It was by David Drummond and we went to see how he paints his signature water. It was great fun and you saw the pictures of where we went rafting etc down the Colorado...but I had not posted the demo we did in class. Mine is not done as I chose to walk with him as he problem solved for each student which was very interesting. I think these dramatic wave reflections are really his signature style and so recognizable as his so that one would not be tempted to really do them in a painting. Besides you would need large rocks to work for this as if I would put such large dramatic reflections under the loon for instance, it would be over kill! But since I never get to go take classes this was great fun and I hope to do more of this as it just is so fun to be a student and not the teacher! ha~

No comments:

Post a Comment