Wednesday 27 February 2013

Watercolor Iris Demo #8

Well I am home from clothing market in Vegas with my daughter and son-in-law and it was work but fun. I enjoy every minute of it. Think I missed my calling. ha!
I hope that you can see I am developing some areas now...at this point I am really sliding in carefully so that nothing gets too dark too fast unless I want it that way. I have some decisions to make yet but one I made today was to not make the hairs on that front petal defined as it would become the center of attention and detract from the bee. I may still want to put more there but for now I am leaving it alone to make that decision later.
The grasses behind are just a continuous problem because if I darken one it seems I have to darken ten...but that too will resolve itself as I go along.
It was good to finally find some time to paint. After returning home it seemed there were so many other things that needed attention but now I hope I can work on this through the weekend and finish it up...It has begun to buckle on the large petal which is odd to me so I will have to flatten this before it goes to the framers.

No comments:

Post a Comment