Saturday 23 April 2011

Girl with Cat Watercolor

I had hoped to rescue this painting but I fear that is not possible. Remember this was that new Arches Watercolor board and when it is wet it shows a different value...it grays a little and it is very impossible to lift off from without damaging the paper. So because of that I am not sure I will continue any longer as I do not think I can make it look correct at this point...the skin tones are no longer glowing in the shadow under her hair on the right side. I might just tuck this away and do it again some day on real Arches so that I can lift the hair and not paint around it...this has become too much work and perhaps no good results in the end. So I will let it be for awhile and see but it might be something I never complete. That is a first for me! I have always completed every painting started...but this surface was not what I expected at all. However I think for acrylics etc it would be wonderful. Anyway, I thought I would show you what has happened...and then just sort of move on! ha!
Wishing everyone a very wonderful and blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment