Tuesday 13 November 2012

Page, Arizona finished!

I am calling this watercolor done so I can move on...I will get it to the printer this week to get a correct scan of it so I can offer it in giclees and cards. I still have not titled it but have thought of  alot and only can come up with the obvious.,.Reflections of Page...and that is not what I want. But the title will come this week I am sure.
I have often wanted to do a landscape but they intimidate me because I am so unfamiliar with them. There are so few edges and yet you have to define the shapes so that it appears to be mountians and cliffs...I will do another one yet this winter I hope and then maybe it will be easier the second time around!
If you ever get a chance to go down the Colorado River  in Page, Arizona you will be blessed spiritually. This is 3 hours of still waters...the rapids come right where you get off. You could not hear anything but the water and an bird every so often. It was as if I had taken a long nap as I was so relaxed at the end of this trip I could hardly stand up! ha!  It was totally amazing and I want to do it again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment