Wednesday 24 October 2012

Watercolor Of Page, Arizona

A few years ago I took a trip with some of my artist friends and we went down the Colorado river from Page, Arizona where it is still with no rapids. It was wonderful and finally I am attempting to paint one of the river bends. This is way out of my comfort zone let me tell you but I am just taking it one step at a time and hopefully by the end of next week I will be done.  I am so use to working with definate shapes and so this has been a very large challenge for me. Please remember there is more work to do on this but I thought I would show you where I am at this point.
I have not been painting much since June and I have gone through some problem solving on my health issues. I am thinking by spring I am going to be a new person with much more energy! I will get my stitches out in 2 days from some cancer surgery on my ear...it is healing nicely. I am wearing yoked prism glasses at this time to correct my midline shift from a fractured skull 27 years ago. I did not know all the seemingly unrelated problems that this will help. It is a long story but I am improving and doing quite well!
I hope that I will not be away much again. I am drawing and working on several pieces so I hope to keep you updated on my paintings as I progress! Thanks for hanging in there with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment