Tuesday 18 January 2011

Sparrow WIP

Slowly ever so slowly I am moving along on my watercolor of the sparrow and birdhouse. I hit a wall when I decided that I wanted to change my background. I had to really think about what I wanted and ended up making up this plant that sort of has a bamboo feel to it but think it gives some nice negative shapes because of the horizontal and vertical shapes. I will have alot of work ahead of me because I am not going for the values yet but rather just developing the shapes. Once I am happy with them I can darken etc...and also cast some areas back into shadow if that will help move the birdhouse forward. At least you can see I am finally moving forward with this and I sure hope it is the right decision. I am sorry it is now showing the white as true but I felt I needed to capture the picture regardless of the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment